Friday, January 11, 2008

Miley Talks to Teen About Emily Osment


Miley Cyrus talks to teen about one of her closest friends, Emily Osment!

Teen: What was it like when you first met Emily?
Miley: When we first met, automatically she and I were really, really close. When we’re together we’re never quiet because there’s so much to talk about and there are so many stories. Every day it's something new for us. When you’re with someone all the time, it's more than just she and I are friends, we’re sisters now. When we first met we had an instant friendship and now we’re more like sisters. We love each other like sisters. We fight like sisters. It’s always like that.
Teen: What was your first impression of her?
Miley: As soon as she walked out of the room I said, “Mom, she’s so tiny!” I’m not that tall. I’m like 5'4, so I’m not that tall, but she was itty-bitty.
Teen:We make ourselves do the dumbest things possible because, again, with sisters that’s kind of your goal. It was my first-boyfriend episode, where Hannah gets this really hot 10th grade boyfriend and he’s one of my friends, actually. He came on the show. But there was kind of a party going on in my dressing room – there were a ton of people in here. I was leaving my dressing room and she stuck her foot out thinking I was going to stumble but not actually go down. No, I do a Superman. I am in the air and fall flat on my face for 10 seconds. I’m thinking, Maybe no one saw this. I get up and she’s just cracking up laughing. She’ll never let me forget it. But I’m getting her back slowly but surely.
Teen: Have you played practical jokes on each other?
Miley: We try! We try to get some. Mostly our things are "yo momma" jokes. Our director actually got me a Yo Momma book. You fill it out and it’s like a parking ticket. You give it to someone and it says "Yo Momma" at the top. You know how you always think of yo momma jokes after you’ve fought with someone? So you fill in how long it's been since you fought and then you check Yo Momma this and that. I just gave Emily one that says, “Cancel my subscription, I’m tired of your issues.” So that’s the thing that we’re doing. We’ve all got these tickets we put in everyone’s dressing rooms, so when you get in there you get what the person is thinking right now.
Teen: What’s something people would be surprised to know about Emily?
Miley: It's kind of switched around on the show how we are. On the show Lily is kind of the crazy one and I’m more keeping my friends in line. But in real life it’s definitely switched around. She’s the one who is always like, “Get this together, Miley. Make sure you read your script tonight. I’ll call you on Monday to do this.” She’s kind of like an older sister, so she watches out for me and I do the same for her and make sure she’s still having a good time. She’s also teaching me how to knit, so she’s more of a crafty person and I’m not that good. She got me hooked on scrapbooking. She made me the best blanket last year and I sleep with it every night.