Friday, December 14, 2007

A Song Made for Miley


Ready, Set, Don't Go

What I think of Ready, Set, Don't Go

I think Ready, Set, Don't go is a wonderful yet sad song. I find it really toching that Billy Ray cyrus would dedicate a song to his daughter. That is just so wonderful. That is what I call some father- daughter bonding. Miley is so lucky to have a great dad like Billy Ray. I personally love the song Ready, Set, Don't Go. I like the music video. I really like the ending when they show Miley as a baby first learning to walk. The first time I saw the music video I cried. But those tears were mixed, both sad and happy. These days when I watch the music video it still makes me cry. I love the music video and the song. It's just really special. It is my favorite song by Billy Ray Cyrus.


All about Ready, Set, Don't Go

Ready, Set, Don't Go" is a country music song from 2007 by Billy Ray Cyrus, first available on iTunes, and the CD Home At Last.The single is Cyrus' first chart entry on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs charts since "The Other Side" in 2003, as well as his first Top 40 entry since 2001's "You Won't Be Lonely Now".
Originally recorded as a solo song, "Ready, Set, Don't Go" was re-released in October of 2007 as a duet with Cyrus' daughter Miley Cyrus. Upon the release of the duet version, the song saw a significant increase in airplay.


Music video

The music video for the song was directed by Elliot Lester. It has Billy Ray sitting a couple suitcases playing his guitar and singing the song, with older home videos back when his daughter Miley was a baby, and when she was growing up, along with a few clips of their show Hannah Montana. The video debuted in July on CMT's Top 20 Countdown.

The song was first heard partially on an episode of Hannah Montana. It was hinted in a video interview that he first wrote the song at the beginning of the Hannah Montana series when he wasn't ready to let his daughter go off and act on her own.

Duet version

Billy Ray and Miley debuted the duet version of on the October 9, 2007 episode on the ABC series "Dancing With the Stars".

Chart performance

"Ready, Set, Don't Go" debuted at #47 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. After moving down the charts for a few weeks, the single rebounded with the release of the duet version. (The solo and duet versions are counted as the same song when the Billboard charts are tabulated.) The song is also Miley's first entry on the country charts, as well as Billy Ray's first Top 40 hit on the country charts since 2000's "You Won't Be Lonely Now".


Ready, Set, Don't Go Lyrics


She's gotta do what she's gotta do
And I've gotta like it or not
She's got dreams too big for this town
And she needs to give 'em a shot
Whatever they are
Looks like she's all ready to leave
Nothing left to pack
Ain't no room for me in that car
Even if she asked me to tag along
God I gotta be strong
She's at the startin' line of the rest of her life
As ready as she's ever been
Got the hunger and the stars in her eyes
The prize is hers to win
She's waitin' on my blessings before she hits that open road
Baby get ready
Get set
Don't go
She says things are fallen into place
Feels like they're fallen apartI painted this big ol' smile on my face
To hide my broken heartIf only she knew
This is where I don't say what I want so bad to say
This is where I want to but I won't get in the way
Of her and her dreamsAnd spreadin' her wings
She's at the startin' line of the rest of her life
As ready as she's ever been
Got the hunger and the stars in her eyes
The prize is hers to win
She's waitin' on my blessings before she hits that open road
Baby get ready
Get set
Don't go
She's at the startin' line of the rest of her life
As ready as she's ever been
Got the hunger and the stars in her eyes
The prize is hers to win
She's waitin' on my blessings before she hits thatopen road
Baby get ready
Get set
Please don't go
Don't go
Don't go
Whoa....
She's gotta do what she's gotta do
She's gotta do what she's gotta do