Saturday, December 15, 2007

Miley Answers Fan Questions


Miley Answers Fan Questions


Miley Cyrus stopped by the Rosemont Theatre Saturday morning for a private event that was, however, open to the media. The singer-actress, in town for her Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus Best of Both Worlds Tour concert Saturday night at the Allstate Arena, participated in a Q&A session with an executive from Office Max (a sponsor of the tour) in front of 2,500 of her adoring young fans. In addition, three lucky kids each got to ask Miley one question.




Here are some questions from that Q&A:






Q. What's it like to be in the midst of a 50-city tour, working on a TV show and a movie all at the same time?






Miley Cyrus: It's crazy. But I love never knowing what my next step is gonna be. It's always fun to be surprised with something new (to do).






Q. How do you maintain as normal a life as possible?






Miley Cyrus: I just do normal things. I still have school for 3 hours every day. Then instead of soccer after school or cheerleading practice, I go do a concert.



Q. How do you go to school if you're in the middle of a 50-city tour?






Miley Cyrus: My teacher travels with me. ... I love my teacher dearly, but, she expects a lot from me. I didn't understand that at first, but now I'm really happy that she did. I'm supposed to be in the 9th grade but I'm doing 10th- and 11th-grade work. And I'm looking at things from all these colleges already.






Q. Your dad Billy Ray Cyrus stars with you on "Hannah Montana." Is he very protective of you?






Miley Cyrus: I actually keep an eye on him (laughs). He's just like a kid. He loves to have fun. Oh and he got a hair cut. It's got layers now. Or as he likes to say, "I got choppiness." (laughs). And he got highlights. It's very cool.






Q. You recently turned 15. How did you celebrate your birthday?






Miley Cyrus: At a concert. The whole crew, and we have like 13 semi trucks traveling with us for the tour, the whole crew came on stage and they gave me a beautiful watch as a present that I'll always remember. And there was a surprise party. I got all dressed up because I thought I was going to a concert by one of my favorite bands, and I got there and there was this whole '80s- themed party for me. All this '80s music was playing. And all my old friends were there.






Q. Can you tell us some funny moments that have occurred on the tour so far?






Miley Cyrus: Well, I was at a shopping mall, just me and the girls (the show's dancers) and I turned around and there were like 50 kids and a camera crew following us. Oh, and on one show I forgot the words to a song, so I just stuck the mike out toward the audience and asked them to help me out. (laughs) And they all just sang it.






Q. Who's your all-time favorite performer?






Miley Cyrus: I like different styles of music. So I like Beyonce because she's so different. I went for years to country music concerts, so I like to listen to Gretchen Wilson, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw. But my all-time favorite is Dolly Parton. She is so great. I love the fact that she has those super-long fingernails and plays the guitar with them instead of a pick.






Q. Do you have pets?






Miley Cyrus: I have lots of horses, kitty cats, dogs, chickens and fish. My dogs are on tour with me. We love animals. My dad had a pet squirrel for a while that kept coming around. He loves animals, too (laughs). He makes eggs and bacon every morning for my dogs.