Sunday, December 9, 2007

Miley Cyrus Turns 15 with a Sold-Out Birthday Show



Miley Cyrus Turns 15 with a Sold-Out Birthday Show


What better way to throw a birthday party than by inviting more than 15,000 hometown friends? Miley Cyrus, the star of the hit Disney TV show Hannah Montana, celebrated turning 15 in Nashville Friday in front of a sold-out crowd. "I'll tell you guys that my main wish when my parents asked me, 'Miley, what do you want for your 15th birthday?' The only thing that I had to say was, 'I want to be here at home with Nashville and all of you guys,' " she breathlessly told the crowd, who erupted into screams. "The reason that I do what I do is for all of you guys," she said. "Anyone from a small town can go out there and live their dream, and so to be here with you guys tonight on my birthday is amazing."Cyrus's rapt audience even serenaded her with "Happy Birthday" toward the end of her "Best of Both Worlds" concert, complete with pyrotechnic displays and a cake delivered onstage. As her show wound to a close, confetti filled the stadium and she took her bows alongside Joe, Kevin and Nick Jonas of the Jonas Brothers. Fans refused to budge from their seats and their patience was rewarded. She emerged to sing one more song, announcing: "I'd like to bring out my best friend – that just about says it all – my daddy." Her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus, came out with an acoustic guitar to sing their signature duet, "Ready, Set, Don't Go," and included her sister Brandi Glenn Cyrus on backup guitar. When the song ended, Billy Ray hugged Miley, wishing her a happy birthday and saying, "Happy Birthday, little girl."